[Admin] How can we make the site better?
Submitted by Keith Casey on Fri, 2005-11-04 13:08.
First of all, thank you to everone who has been visting and reading the site. According to last time I checked, CodeSnipers is in the top 50k blogs on Technorati. While I was hoping that people would read the site, share some ideas, and kick around some concepts, I wasn't expecting anything quite this dramatic so quickly. I'd like to publicly thank all of our contributors (their names are on the left under "Regular Contributors") and everyone who has found something useful or interesting on the site and shared their thoughts.
Anyway, the point of this message... The site has been online for approximately 12 weeks and I want to figure out what we're doing right and what we're doing wrong. I and the other contributors have lots of ideas, but I want to hear from the people who actually come and visit the site on a regular basis. So here are my questions for you:
- What is the site lacking?
- Have you noticed bugs or oddities?
- What do you think of the overall design?
- If the site had exactly *one* new feature, what would you want it to be?
- Are there particular topics/postings that you wish had more discussion/coverage?
- Which topics/postings did you particularly appreciate or made you think?
- Are there particular topics that you wish we'd just stop talking about?
- Do you want to or know people who would like to contribute?
- Do you want to give us each a million dollars?
Now, I can't promise that we'll do all of the resulting suggestions... actually, I can't promise that we'll do any of it, but I can promise that we'll all read them and consider which ones make the most sense and are in a direction that works with the overall site. I brought this site online to Connect Developers and I want to know how we can do it better.
Thoughts? Comments? Questions? Concerns?
Thank you for your time.